By Cele C. Otnes,Tina M. Lowrey
Bringing jointly students in client habit, historical past, anthropology, non secular reports, sociology, and communique, this can be the 1st interdisciplinary anthology spanning the subject of formality experiences. It bargains a multifaceted exploration of recent rituals, akin to Celebrating Kwanzaa, and of the methods entrenched rituals, akin to Mardi Gras, reward giving, and weddings have replaced. furthermore, it examines the impression of either cultures and subcultures, and should improve our figuring out of why and the way shoppers imbue items and prone with which means in the course of rituals.
In this quantity, the 1st within the Marketing and patron Psychology series:
- a spiritual experiences pupil talks in regards to the media illustration of ritual;
- communication students talk about the transformational facets of rituals surrounding alcohol consumption;
- a advertising and marketing pupil demonstrates the relevance of organizational habit idea to figuring out gift-giving rituals within the office; and
- a historian describes how the selling of Kwanzaa was once so imperative to its winning adoption.
Read or Download Contemporary Consumption Rituals: A Research Anthology (Marketing and Consumer Psychology Series) PDF
Similar customs & traditions books
Mexico is legendary for wonderful fiestas that embrace its middle and soul. An expression of the cult of the saint, client saint fiestas are the center piece of Mexican well known faith and of significant value to the lives and cultures of individuals and groups. those fiestas have their very own language, gadgets, trust platforms, and practices.
The specific organization among nutrition and standing was once, academically talking, first said at the nutrition construction point. He who owned the land, possessed the grain, he who owned the mill, had the flour, he who owned the oven, bought the bread. even if, this conceptualization of strength is twin; subsequent to the most obvious demonstration of energy at the creation point is the social value of foodstuff intake.
Utilizing fathers' first-hand money owed from letters, journals, and private interviews besides sanatorium documents and scientific literature, Judith Walzer Leavitt deals a brand new point of view at the altering position of expectant fathers from the Nineteen Forties to the Eighties. She exhibits how, as males moved first from the health center ready room to the exertions room within the Nineteen Sixties, after which directly to the supply and birthing rooms within the Seventies and Nineteen Eighties, they grew to become a growing number of thinking about the beginning event and their impression over occasions extended.
The realm is a giant position jam-packed with fascinating issues. And The Grand journey has noticeable a few of them. That’s why few everyone is higher put to steer you round this tremendous planet of ours than Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James may possibly. so long as you don’t brain getting sizzling and misplaced. Welcome, every body, to The Grand travel advisor to the area.
- Events Management: An International Approach
- The Practice of the Meal: Food, Families and the Market Place (Routledge Interpretive Marketing Research)
- Sacrificial Ceremonies of Santería: A Complete Guide to the Rituals and Practices
- L'amore si fa strada: I miei pellegrinaggi (Italian Edition)
- Online Anti-Semitism in Turkey
Additional resources for Contemporary Consumption Rituals: A Research Anthology (Marketing and Consumer Psychology Series)
Contemporary Consumption Rituals: A Research Anthology (Marketing and Consumer Psychology Series) by Cele C. Otnes,Tina M. Lowrey