By Kenneth Laidlaw
Going past easy procedural adjustments, this is often the 1st ebook to handle how the appliance of gerontology to CBT perform can increase CBT’s effectiveness and appropriateness with older humans. Taking you step by step throughout the CBT method and supported through scientific case examples, healing discussion, issues for mirrored image and tricks and information, the booklet examines:
- uncomplicated theoretical versions in CBT and the way to narrate them to paintings with older humans
- major behavioural interventions and their sensible program
- social context and proper theories of aging
- implications of overview, prognosis and treatment
- problems with anxiousness, fear and melancholy, and extra expert functions of CBT for continual illnesses
- most modern advancements, considering and empirical evidence.
This is a useful spouse for any clinical psychology, counselling, CBT/IAPT, and social care trainee or specialist new to operating with older humans, specially people who are willing to appreciate how the appliance of CBT could be different.
Professor Ken Laidlaw is Head of the dept of medical Psychology, college of East Anglia.
Read Online or Download CBT for Older People: An Introduction PDF
Similar psychotherapy, ta & nlp books
A quantity within the Jossey-Bass Library of present scientific process Addresses the most up-tp-date idea on sexual disorder. Shared listed below are medical strategies and case reports derived from intercourse treatment, and marital treatment, habit remedy, psychodynamic treatment and psychoanalysis. additionally clarified is the reasoning at the back of the simplest and up to date interventions.
This publication is an immediate reaction to a critical remedy hole in recognising, treating and dealing with realization deficit hyperactivity illness (ADHD) in adults. Affecting 3–4% of the worldwide inhabitants, ADHD has lengthy been thought of a pediatric psychiatric and is still neglected in adults, who frequently move directly to undergo a life of clinically major impairments that have an effect on paintings functionality, social habit, and private relationships.
Angst gehört zu jedem menschlichen Leben. Das Thema hat die Psychoanalyse bei ihrem Bemühen, die Tiefendimensionen der menschlichen Existenz zu ergründen, von Anfang an begleitet. Der Band zeigt, dass guy die Entwicklung der Psychoanalyse über weite Strecken als eine Geschichte ihrer Angstkonzepte lesen kann.
This e-book frames how existential idea and intervention recommendations could be seamlessly built-in with evidenced-based methods while treating youth. This groundbreaking textual content starts with an summary of EI conception and offers an exhaustive evaluate of possibility and protecting components that give a contribution to an adolescent's adventure of existential nervousness.
- Relational Integrative Psychotherapy: Engaging Process and Theory in Practice
- Self in Relation
- Brainspotting: The Revolutionary New Therapy for Rapid and Effective Change
- Therapy Online: A Practical Guide
- The Emerging Healer: Adding insight and impact to your mental health work
- Positionen der Psychiatrie (German Edition)
Extra info for CBT for Older People: An Introduction
CBT for Older People: An Introduction by Kenneth Laidlaw